15 reasons that steel water bottles are better than plastic, aluminium, or glass
It’s really important to carry a re-useable water bottle with you because there is already too much plastic in our oceans and landfill.
Now you are not going to get impartial advice from us on which bottle to buy because we want to sell more jerry bottles so that we can fund more water projects.
We will give you some good advice, though.
Here is why our steel bottles are better than plastic, glass or aluminium:
- steel looks great and has class
- we use a high-quality food grade steel that lasts forever, cleans really well, and is dishwasher friendly
- they have an electro polished interior which keeps the water tasting great, and stops the transference of odours
- steel does not react with your drinks
- steel is sustainable, it’s the most recycled material on earth
The disadvantages of plastic:
- plastic deteriorates within months and picks up odours
- bacteria is less easy to wash out from plastic bottles
- BPA-free plastics can contain chemicals that behave in the same way as BPA
The disadvantages of aluminium bottles:
- aluminium bottles are designed to look like steel but aren’t
- to prevent aluminium poisoning they have liners, those liners degrade over time with use
- aluminium bottles dent easily
- often have narrow necks making them difficult to clean
The disadvantages of glass bottles:
- glass is heavier
- glass breaks and you will worry about it breaking
It is the most precious nutrient on the planet.
Carry it in something special. Buy a better bottle.